Friday, August 24, 2012

Vacation Day 7 Decision Of The Day

On the weeks that I'm on vacation, there's not a lot of cooking at The Compound.  We have canned soups, sandwiches, and easy-to-fix things, in addition to gettying carryout.  Being the sweetest, most kind mother in the world, Mom said that she would make a pot of "something" for the weekend, and since I was still on vacation I would get to choose among my favorites. Unfortunately, dumplins were not one of the choices. But I digress. Do I choose bean soup or chili?

Well, it seems like Mom couldn't decide, either, because she ended up making a pot of bean soup and a pot of chili.  She gave half of each pot to the very sick elderly couple next door and froze most of our halves.  But I can't wait to get home from church tomorrow to get a bowl of chili!


No comments: