Monday, August 6, 2012

So Much For The Lo Mein

The 'Rents were extra busy today, so I offered to bring home supper tonight so Mom wouldn't have to cook.  I had to run a couple of errands after work, and would be by a Chinese joint that I've been wanting to try so it would be Chinese for supper.  Dad wanted his usual sweet and sour pork, and Mom wanted her usual Chinese vegetables with chicken.  As for me, I wanted to be adventurous and try something new: chicken Lo Mein.  I wish I'd stuck with my tried and true War Sue Gai.

First of all, it was carb overload, as they gave me fried rice along with the Lo Mein noodles. Second, the chicken was pretty scarce.  And what chicken that was among the noodles was finely sliced and chopped, that it was damned near the size of the Lo Mein noodles. 

So to sum it all up, I really didn't enjoy my supper, but Mom and Dad loved theirs so it's all good. At least I'm full.

No comments: