Thursday, August 16, 2012

Elvis Has Left The Building

On this day 35 years ago, the King truly left the building for the final time.  It's hard to believe that Elvis Presley died 35 years ago today.  But on the day that thousands gather at Graceland to remember The King, I'm going to focus on another part of his life: his concerts.

Elvis was in Louisville for a concert on June 26,  1974.  And the mother of my friend Tall Tracy was at that concert, and among the 20,000 people there, she was one of the lucky ones to get one of the scarfs that Elvis wore and then gave to someone in the crowd.

I am very proud to say that I held this scarf, and even draped it around my neck like he did on that night back in June of 1974. 

I took about a dozen pictures of the scarf, and there are a couple of questionable spots -- we like to believe that they are sweat drops from Elvis. 


At any rate, the King has truly left the building.  Long live The King.  Thank ya, thank ya very much.

No comments: