Wednesday, August 10, 2011

File Under: WTF?

I stopped at WalMart the other morning on the way to work to pick up some goodies for a little birthday party for one of the guys in my department.  By the time I got back to the front of the store to the only checkout lane that was open, thankfully there was only one person in front of me. It was a 30-something guy buying a doggie toy that was on the discount rack. I know this because the toy was only 60 cents. The cashier told the guy the guy the amount, and the guy whipped out his debit card.  Yes, he used his debit card for a 60 cent doggie toy.

Now, I know that the younger generation doesn't like to carry cash and they use plastic whereever they go, but for a 60 cent purchase?  The only thing I could think of was WTF?  I'm sure that any one of us could find at least 60 cents in the floorboard around the driver's seat in our cars. But using a debit card for a 60 cent purchase just blew me away.

No comments: