Wednesday, August 3, 2011

All Is Right With The World

As I type this, some major uncertainties have been resolved.  First and foremost, the folks in Washington, DC have passed the necessary bills and the 'Rents, along with billions of others, received their Social Security checks today.  We were sweating it out a bit here at The Compound over the past couple of weeks.  You just couldn't second guess those folks up on Capitol Hill, and I for one had no idea what those clowns would end up doing,  but at least the old folks will have their monthly checks uninterrupted. 

And in addition to that good news,  the NFL season is back on track and we'll have our first pre-season games in just a couple of weeks.  I cannot wait to see my beloved Titans play ball with a new coach and new quarterback.  And adding to this good news is the news of my church security project being one step closer to being in almost-full-swing now:  business cards have been designed and ordered.    And another "and" to add to this good news - I finally was able to hook up with my old high school boyfriend last night and we had a great dinner and time of laughing and talking, and have vowed to get together weekly. Unfortunately our time together had to be put on the back burner while I was finishing up my Master's Degree.  So all of this together makes for a pretty good start to the month of August. I'm happy and excited and ready to see what the rest of the month has in store.  Bring it on!!!!

No comments: