Saturday, February 7, 2009

Unconditional Love


My 46th year has sure started out with a bang, pun intended. First of all on my birthday, we get the worst storm to ever hit the state of Kentucky. The entire state has been paraylzed since then, and thanks to the 60 degree temps today, we're finally thawing out. As if dealing with all of the ice wasn't bad enough, last Sunday I was in a wreck and my beloved Blazer's front end was demolished. After dealing with insurance companies and body shop estimates all week long, I'm drained. But yesterday afternoon when I came home from work, thoroughly disgusted after having to leave the Blazer locked up at a body shop because it is now leaking oil and was undriveable, I experienced unconditional love. Our friends black lab Rocky is staying with us for a few days while his family is out of town, and he was waiting at the French doors for me when I came home last night. For about an hour, he never left my side. He followed me from room to room, and I think he sensed that I was in need of some unconditional lovin'.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I think you are absolutely right. My mutt is laying on the bed with me right now, on her back and feet up in the air - so unladylike, but she is my comic relief, lol! Hang in there puddin!

Toots said...

Rocky is a good little fellow. And you're right--he definitely knows you're blue.