Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Second Year Of Trying New Things

I thought I was doing some pretty big things last year by trying asparagus and other vegetables, but faithful readers, I'm not done yet. It's February and I am in the Second Year Of Trying New Things.

Just minutes ago, I finished a cup full of collard greens. And they rocked. They always looked good when I would see the 'Rents eating them, and one of my most vivid meal memories as a kid was my Grandmother's vinegar cruet that always got out fo the cabinet when we had greens for supper. So needless to say, I had to have Grandma's cruet tonight when I tried the greens. I'm hooked. I tried spinach a few weeks ago but it was just too slimey for me to eat. Mom assured me that I would like collards better, so I trusted her and tried them tonight. I loved them. I think they might be my new favorite vegetable.

1 comment:

Toots said...

I love greens, but I'm not crazy about the vinegar on them.