Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tour de Cure 2009

As I mentioned yesterday, the 2009 American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure is on . This year, the ride will be held in May instead of late August like last year, and it will be twenty miles instead of last year's fifteen. Yep, twenty long miles. But in preparation for this year's ride, a dear friend and co-worker is hooking me up. He's giving me an awesome Schwinn five-speed to use in this year's Tour de Cure. This bike will be a hell of a lot easier to pedal up all of those hills then the old school Schwinn I rode in last year's Tour. If the weather and Dixie Cyclery both cooperate, I hope to be starting to train on the new-used Schwinn by the middle of next week. As soon as I get it, I will post a picture of the new set of wheels. And not to worry - I'm not getting rid of my almost-antique 1963 mint condition Schwinn. I've already ridden it a couple of times this month, and will continue to give it a regular workout.

In the next few weeks, you can expect a full blown advertisement for this year's Tour de Cure, so start saving your money, because I am going to hit all of my faithful readers up for a few bucks.

No comments: