Sunday, February 15, 2009

Link Of The Week

I'm hoping that my dear friend and faithful reader MP will read this post tonight and come to my rescue. Way back in the day when he and I worked together, we were fascinated (okay, obsessed) with a picture in a copy of the old school Life magazine. The picture was in black and white, and was of a group of little children. The cool part of the picture was the fact that each child had a different expression on their faces One year on my birthday, MP had copied the picture about one hundred times and had them taped all over my cubicle at work. But I digress. After reading the fine print about the picture, we found out that the children were watching a puppet show, and each kid was reacting differently to what was happening at that very minute in the show. I'm hoping that MP will have researched online and has found this picture and will email it to me

In thinking about this picture, I started doing some research online and came across a cool site called TinEye. It's a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions. TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords. So if we had the picture of the children, we could upload it and it would in deed tell us the photo was taken at a children's puppet show in Europe. Check out the site at http://www.tineye.com .

No comments: