Sunday, February 1, 2009

Surreal Sunday

It's been one hell of a Sunday, faithful readers. I was coming home from our favorite Mexican joint this afternoon with carryout for lunch, and was about a quarter of a mile from The Compound when a woman in a new Mustang turned in front of me and hit me in the Blazer. We're all OK, except for some major pain in my left shoulder, but I have 100% mobility in it so I'm hoping nothing is broken. The lady and her son were OK, too. But her Mustang was totalled, and my Blazer will need a new front end. So we're OK - that's all that matters. But it's been over four hours since it happened and I'm still shaken up. I honestly don't remember eating what lunch I brought back home - mainly because I threw it up about a half hour after I ate it, due to major nerves. I just got out of the shower, and surprisingly enough the shower calmed me down a little. Mom is more shaken up than I am - she said it was a major flashback to that day in July 1992 when I had my big wreck while bringing carryout home for the family for supper.

There were plenty of witnesses behind me and in the other lanes that all told the police that it was clearly the woman's fault, so there shouldn't be any trouble getting the Blazer fixed. But still, I can't help to be nerved up. I'm just thankful I was in the Blazer and not the BMW. Once again, a Blazer saved my life. I will forever sing the praises of General Motors and their Blazers.

I guess I can't stay in my bathrobe all night long, so I'll put on some clothes and go attempt to watch the Super Bowl.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Bless your heart, I am so glad no one was hurt! I hope you'll be able to relax away the nerves. You might wake up tomorrow really sore so hope you take it easy! Blessings!

Toots said...

Thank God you and the people in the other car were okay. This could have been so much worse.