Friday, November 17, 2006

Tips From Toots

I'm proud to introduce a new feature in TWIT - a little something I will call "Tips From Toots."  A dear friend of mine, who I refer to as Toots, was talking to me the other day about TWIT and how she wishes she had the time and resources to start her own blog.  She said she'd like to start a blog about giving helpful tips and advice.  No, not like writing to Dear Abby; we're talking about advice on how to do or not do something.  After chatting with her about this, I told her that when she came up with some good advice she'd like to share to just let me know and I would be more than happy to share TWIT with her.  So here is the first of many Tips From Toots:

If you are involved in a fender bender, use the camera on your cell phone to take photos of the accident scene.  You may even use your phone's video recorder to record what other people at the scene are saying.  I was recently involved in a minor scrape in a store parking lot.  Police will not come on private property to do a report so the lady who hit me and I just exchanged names and phone numbers.  She must have said a dozen times "I'm so sorry.  My foot just slipped off the brake!"  If I'd had my video rolling, I could have discretely held my phone in my hand and recorded her voice confessing her guilt.  As it stands now, who knows if she'll admit she did it and I'll ever get my car fixed?

No comments: