Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Mullet Watch

I'm almost embarassed to say that it's been over four months since we've had a mullet sighting.  I honestly don't know what the problem is; maybe mullets have been out of season. It's not that we haven't been looking - my faithful readers and I have been watching with a careful eye but we just haven't seen any.  But the dry spell is over and I have quite a few mullet sightings to report.  Just today at during lunch at work, a co-workers reported his mullet sightings, and on my way home from work today, I was lucky enough to spot one myself. 

Our first four (Yes, four!) sightings come to our courtesy of our faithful mullet spotter JMc.  The first one was from a sighting a couple of months ago that he forgot to report. 

While venturing in the Save-A-Lot in Brandenburg, which is a lie - milk is cheaper at Kroger, I noticed a bark brown mullet wearing a black rock shirt.  Classic.

Also, I was viewing Blue Collar Television and they did a spoof with W talking to the American people about a threat to our country -  a mullet threat.  When the speech was nearly finished a mullet came flying in from off camera and he was fighting it.  The next picture it was on his head.  Very funny, especially after some tequila.

Here's JMc's most recent sightings:

The first mullet sighting was at a Quizzno’s sub on the Outer Loop next to the Fairdale redneck mecca, Wally World.  This happened on Sunday around lunch time.  The mullet seemed a little dazed; he probably just woke up from a hard night of partying and drinking PBR’s at a local strip club. It was dark brown in color.

The second mullet was an apparent victim of trying to achieve a Native American look or something.  I don’t know if Conway Twitty was a Native American, but it sure looked like a Twitty with long hair. This was at the local Boy Scout meeting and it belonged to a little scout who is of Native American descent.  Poor guy - not because he's Native American, but because he's a kid with a mullet that makes him look like Conway Twitty with long hair. This sighting was just last night.

 My mullet sighting was earlier this evening at the aforementioned Wal-Mart.  The mullet was spotted leaving Wal-Mart.  It was black, naturally curly (the trained eye could tell the curls were not the result of a home perm) and long.  I have to say it was one of the prettier mullets I've seen.

Mullet count: 36

No comments: