Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Krispy Kreme Alert

A co-worker won a few dollars this week and he treated the first floor office to Krispy Kreme doughnuts this morning.  I'm here to tell you there's nothing better than fresh glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  Their chocolate iced and jelly-filled come in at a close second and third, though.  Even people on diets can't resist warm Krispy Kremes, especially when someone else bought them.   My co-worker placed three boxes of the doughnuts in our cubicle on the empty desk, and there was a steady stream of people stopping by all day long.  I got a cup of coffee as soon as I got settled in this morning, and started checking the boxes to pick out my breakfast.  The jelly-filled doughnut was calling my name. The first bite is always bland, because it's usually all doughnut and no jelly.  But when I saw the jelly inside, my taste buds got excited.  But my excitement quickly turned to dismay when I looked a bit closer at the jelly - it was like pie filling and not like the usual raspberry jelly that Krispy Kreme uses.  WTF? I took another bite and then the disappointment hit me.  It was NOT the regular jelly, but instead pie filling disguised as jelly.  I ate all of the doughnut, but it just wasn't the same.

During our 2:00 break, I checked online to see if I could find something about Krispy Kreme using a different type of raspberry jelly but I couldn't find anything.  But I find it hard to believe I'm the only person that has discovered this sacrilege.  I'm going to keep searching and maybe somewhere out there in blogdom I'll find someone else who feels the same way that I do.  I urge you, my faithful readers, to go out and get a Krispy Kreme doughnut and check it for yourself.  Please report your findings to me.  This could have been just a fluke.  But if I find more reports of the generic jelly, I think I'll start a petition and send it to Krispy Kreme.  So go eat those Krispy Kreme jelly doughnuts and give me a report.

No comments: