Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday, Glorious Monday

It was a stormy and rainy Monday, but it didn't bother me; and I didn't even mind going back to work after a sweet four-day weekend, either.  It was a great day.  What was so great about it, you might ask?  I'll tell you:  last night, my father was elected as a member of the Mill Creek VFW Post #5421.  And we know that that means for me, don't we, faithful readers? A childhood dream of getting to join the Ladies Auxiliary can finally be fulfilled. 

It took a couple of months of red tape and verifying, but the VFW organization finally agreed that my Dad was in deed a veteran of a foreign war, and could become a member.  So once he gets his official membership card and pays his dues (which will happen this week) I'll be able to join the Ladies Auxiliary.  I absolutely cannot wait. 

I found out the news last night and immediately told Dad; we were originally going to let it be a surprise and he would have found out when he got his membership card in the mail this week, but I never was one for keeping surprises.  After I told him last night, I went to the kitchen to get a piece of Derby Pie that Diva Stacy sent me.  Actually, she sent me two pieces. And she sent Dad chocolate pie and prune spice cake.  I looked on the counter and didn't see it.  I asked Dad if he had a piece of Derby Pie and he said yes.  I asked where the other piece was.  That's when he played me.  "What other piece?" he asked me, with a look of puzzlement on his face.  I said "You know what other piece.  The other piece of Derby Pie."  He was adament.  "There was only one piece of pie in that pan."  Then he busted out laughing.  He said "I didn't lie - there was only one piece of pie in the pan.  It was big, but it was just one official piece."  I shook my head and ate a half a bag of leftover microwave popcorn, which is very pale by comparison to Derby Pie.  Then he quickly reminded me "Just remember - if it weren't for me, you wouldn't be getting into the Ladies' Auxiliary."  Nuff said. 

No comments: