Saturday, October 10, 2020

Happy Vacation Week - Day 6

 Yesterday didn't go quite as well as we would have liked, but it is what it is.  

I took the Silver Bullet aka the Odyessy up to the dealer for an oil change and check-up.  We were expecting bad news after they said six months ago it would need a new oil pump and fuel pump.  So the time has come to pull the trigger and get it fixed.  Other than replacing the battery and getting Freon put in last summer, we haven't had to have any work done on it.  And the 'Rents bought it in 2002.  I'd say that's a damned good record. 

On Monday, I will call a couple of local, very reputable repair shops close to home and hopefully will get a better price than what the dealer would charge. 

But I'm not letting this ruin my weekend.  Like I said, we were expecting it already, so it wasn't a major shock.  I'm going to enjoy my Saturday and Sunday and prepare for re-entry on Monday.

No comments: