Saturday, April 9, 2016

Has It Been 35 Years?

I spent most of the morning today visiting and catching up with one of my all-time favorite teachers, Miss Schmitz.  It was hard to believe that that last time I actually saw her was in May of 1981, as she hugged me and handed me the four-year business award at my high school graduation.  It sure didn't seem like 35 years, but I digress. 

I met her this morning to deliver one of our quilt pattern pictures that she bought, and we spent over three hours drinking coffee, talking, catching up and reminiscing.  

I owe a huge debt to Miss Schmitz, because she was the person that taught me to type. And to type correctly and pretty fast.  She is still a very cool and awesome lady, and I can't wait till we can get together again and talk some more. 
 

No comments: