Monday, January 19, 2015

Once Again, I Hate Electronics

I'm back to battling with my Lexmark printer, faithful readers.  I fooled with it for over an hour on Saturday and yesterday.  Luckily, the electronic gods were smiling down upon me because I was able to print out only one page yesterday -- the page that had the confirmation where I paid for Dad's license and registration for the Odyessy.  Other than that one page, nothing will print.  

I'm so frustrated with it right now, that I'm ready to just unplug it and put it in the trash.  But before I do that, I'm going to have a friend at work install Windows 7 on my computer.  It's still running the antiquated XP, and I'm thinking that might be part of my problem.  The guy gave me a great deal of only $45 for installing it;  that's about 1/6 of what it would cost if I took it out to a computer shop or if I bought the Windows CD myself.  This guy has done computer work on the side for years, and I trust him.  When my patience has been restored, I'll unhook everything on the desktop and lug it into work for him.  

As always, I'll keep you posted.  

No comments: