Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Quasi-Positive Update From The Compound Infirmary

I am happy to report that I made it to work today.  When I woke up this morning, I felt better than I had in over a week.  As the day went on, I noticed I didn't feel nearly as tired as I had during the week with the flu.  I had made up my mind that if I felt tired or started to feel sickly, I was going to go home but I made it through the whole day.  And even ate half of my #14 meal from the Happy Buddha for lunch.  That was a big, big step for me.  I don't think I'd eaten that much food in the past week put together.  I wanted to eat all of it, but was satisfied with half.  The 'Rents are feeling better and stronger, too.  They, too, have more of an appetite tonight, thank the Lord.  

We still are coughing a bit, but everyone I've talked to that has had the flu has said that the cough will linger a few weeks. Sorry for those that are around me at work.  

I think all three of us can see a distant light at the end of the long tunnel. 

No comments: