Thursday, November 20, 2014

Reflections

Yesterday morning started out great - I put on a new pair of pants and looked very cute for work.  But things took an unexpected bad turn when I went out and discovered that I left an interior light on in the old Blazer and the battery was dead as a door nail.  Now, let me say for the record, I do not know precisely about door nails.  That having been said, the battery was dead.  I fooled with it for a while in the 14 degree temps in the garage, and after our battery starter wouldn't work, I came into the house and called AAA.  In about 30 minutes time, the Rescue Ranger was here and started the Blazer with a very cool portable battery starter. 

When I got to work and hour and a half late, I was all out of sorts.  Not because I missed time, but because it just wasn't my normaly morning routine.  But things started to pick up.  My old friend, coworker and former sales rep Chris was at the office and he brought me a case, yes a case, of awesome Choc-Cola!! Then to make things better, my old family friend Robbie took me to lunch, and in the afternoon, another coworker Wendy Jo gave me some very kind words that I needed to hear.  So a crappy day turned into an awesome day. 

No comments: