Thursday, November 6, 2014

Reaffirmation Thursday

I got my haircut after work today, and while I was waiting for my hair appointment, I was in my car.  I was parked in the small strip mall where my hair salon is, and tonight I had to park in front of the cash advance/check cashing joint.  The check cashing joint was packed, with about a dozen people standing in line. 

Flash forward to a few hours later.  I was on my way home from a funeral home visit, and stopped at Little Caesar's for a cheap $5 Hot and Ready pizza.  Once again, I was parked in front of yet another check cashing/payday advance joint.  And once again, this place was also packed. 

It was a humbling experience.  I was thankful that I was in a situation where I didn't have to resort to those tactics.  But we all do what we have to do to get the bills paid.  I'm just thankful I haven't had to go that route.   

No comments: