Saturday, August 9, 2014

Something You Don't See Every Day

Yesterday morning on the way to work, I stopped at one of my favorite convenience stores just down the street from the office. Keep in mind that Fridays are my early day, so it was about 5:30 in the morning when I stopped.  I got an egg sandwich on fresh white bread and made my way to the counter to pay.  While I was waiting for the clerk to wait on me, I glanced over to the front of the store.  They have 3 or 4 sets of benches and tables for customers to eat what they buy at food counter.  Anyhoo, a man was at one of the tables, and he had dozens of lottery ticket slips all laid out on the table.  He had a calculator, a legal pad, and an iPad out on the table, too, and he was working as hard as I've seen anyone work at a desk. He would punch in some numbers on the calculator and then look at something on the iPad and then write down something on the legal pad.  I sure hope he wins something for all of his efforts. 

No comments: