Sunday, August 31, 2014

Good Luck, Kray-Z K

TWIT would like to wish good luck to my good friend and [as of now], former coworker, Kray-Z K.  Her last day at work was Friday, and yesterday she and her two big dogs set out for Virginia Beach, VA for the next chapter in her life.  Her daughter, Squid, was already there.  She graduated with honors a couple of weeks ago from Officer Candidate School and is now an officer in the Navy.  She'll be stationed in Virginia Beach, and in April will be deployed on a destroyer ship.  

I admire Kray-Z K for having both guts and faith to leave a secure job and basically start all over in a new state and city.  But as she told me the other day, "I didn't have a job when I came to Louisville."  With her skills and education, I'm sure she'll have a job in no time.  

It won't be the same next April at The Taste of Derby Festival, the annual event that Kray-Z K and I always attended, but maybe we can talk her into making a visit to the 'Ville that week.

Good luck, Kray-Z K and Squid - you all always be a part of our family.  

 

No comments: