Sunday, August 24, 2014

Another Broken Record

Today is the last day of the Kentucky State Fair, and for the first time in my life, I did not go.  I am on exagerrating when I say "for the first time in my life."  My first trip to the state fair was when I was seven months old.  And I've gone at least once every year until 2014. 

For starters, I just was not in the mood to go this year.  The price of admission and parking is outragious - $10 for adults and $8 for parking.  Plus I procrastinated and didn't enter anything into the fair, which I was going to do just to be able to buy a book of 10 tickets (good for one adult and parking) for only $20.   And last year they changed the seating for the free concerts and it was crappy so I really had no desire to go this year. 

A tiny bit of me regrets not going - mainly because I missed out on the famous Hodsun's fudge ("fudge like grandma 'tried' to make").  But I won't lose any sleep over it.

No comments: