Thursday, August 14, 2014

Is This A Sign?

A dear friend came to visit us at The Compound this weekend, and she wanted to talk to me and the 'Rents about a major decision she was about to make.  She said that she'd prayed about it and asked God for a sign to let her know she was making the right decision.  Well, let me tell you, she got a sign of Biblical proportions.   It's bittersweet because in a couple of weeks, this dear friend will be moving to Norfolk, Virginia.  But I digress. 

For the past three mornings, one thing or another has been wrong with our coffee maker.  Monday, it overflowed and water was everywhere on the counter top.  Yesterday morning, there was no coffee in the filter basket when the water ran through.  This morning, I discovered that the heating element in the water reservoir had gotten turned off so the coffee was weak and cold.  

Maybe the Lord is giving me a sign to give up coffee.  I'll give it another morning or two before I make a final decision.  

As always, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: