Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Product Review

I've been anxiously waiting for a few weeks to try Wendy's new Pretzel Bun Burger. I tried one for lunch one day this week, and to be honest, it really wasn't worth the wait. 

I did not take this photo, but I will say that when I opened the box, it did look pretty much like this.  It hadn't squashed down during the less-than-a-mile trip back to work from Wendy's.  As you can see in the picture, the pretzel bun is the star of this burger; other than a flavorful honey mustard sauce and a spring mix of supposedly 9 different types of greens, it's still a Wendy's burger.

I love pretzels and I had high hopes for this but I wasn't impressed.  The bun wasn't hard, but it was pretty thick, and was a bit too much bread for my liking on a burger; at least when you get a regular burger the bun will smoosh down into a more manageable size.  The previously mentioned honey mustard sauce was flavorful; it was on top of a liquid-form of cheddar cheese, much like good old Cheeze Whiz, and luckily I didn't drip any of it on my shirt or on my desk while eating it.  

To sum it up, even with the pretzel bun and fancy greens, it's still a Wendy's burger.  And I'm not knocking Wendy's burgers; I love them, and my coworkers love them, too, since they are less than a mile from our company.  I ate the entire burger, so it's not like thought it was horrid and threw it away; it was just neutral.

I will give Wendy's Pretzel Bun Burger the TWIT Seal of Approval for all of the flavors and the quality,  but I can't give it a thumb's up, nor can I give it a thumb's down.  You will just have to try one and see for yourself.  
 

No comments: