Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Don't Hate, Educate

I witnessed a hate crime about an hour ago.  I was at a stoplight on my way back home from McDonalds, when I saw a woman dressed in a black Burka and her husband walking from the Hawaiian Shaved Ice shack to the bus stop.  As they were cutting across a corner parking lot, a stupidass that had just walked out of the discount cigarette shop yelled at them and threw his bottle of Sprite at them.  I heard the expletives he yelled because I had my windows down. 

The couple walked faster to get over to the bus stop, as if that would bring them safety. Believe me when I tell you I wanted to go back over and get my Louisville Slugger out of the back of my Blazer and whack that stupidass in the head.  Regardless of that woman's religious beliefs, she did not deserve to hear what that stupidass (yes, I've called him that three times now) yelled at her. 

The couple had enjoyed a Hawaiian shaved ice from the shack and then were going to get on the bus and probably go back home.  They were minding their own business and not bothering or even talking to anyone. 

Sure, we don't see too many women wearing burkas in our 'hood, but nobody else seemed to mind except that dumbass.  He'll get his one day. 

No comments: