Thursday, April 12, 2012

I've Got Skillz

I received a very amusing email today.  After all that's been going on around me lately, I needed a good laugh.  And I sure got one after reading this email.  It was a job offer.  From a big, well-known company, even.  And they were sure impressed with me - so impressed that they offered me a job. It seems that they found my resume online and got in touch with me.  Before I go further, let me say that I have not been looking for another job.  At least not in the past 23 years, anyway.  The last time I posted my resume online was for a class while I was working on my first Masters Degree; it was part of the assignment.

That having been said, here's the email that I received from the HR Manager of J.C. Penney:

I have read your resume. Very well organized and descriptive. I would like to offer you the Gift Wrapper position (full-time or part-time). If you're interested let me know. Thank you.


I can only imagine how proud my parents must be of me; I have a Bachelor's Degree and two Master's Degree's and apparently I am qualified to be a gift wrapper in a department store.


No comments: