Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For Once, I'm Speechless

Tonight as I write this post, I'm not really sure what to say.  So many people around me are hurting tonight, and anything I write in here about me would be so insignificant by comparison.

A long-time high school friend who is also a co-worker lost his youngest son early this morning in a car accident. The boy celebrated his 23rd birthday yesterday.  And after a night of celebrating, he lost control of his car on his way home and now he's gone.

For a week and a half, my favorite aunt and my Dad's only sibling has been clinging to life thanks to the help of a ventilator after she fell outside her home last Monday.  She was paralyzed in her arms and legs after she broke some vertebrae in the fall, but after a long surgery last Tuesday, she's able to move her arms and legs again.  There's still much concern over feeding tubes and breathing tubes, and I cannot imagine what my cousins - her two children - are going through.

I could go on and on about people close to me that are in pain right now - physical and mental, but I'm not.  I'm even dealing with a couple of big issues right now with my new business and with some things at church but in the scope of things, they don't really matter.  I'm going to just leave it at this, and thank the Lord that my parents and I are healthy and strong right now, and I'm going to pray that the Lord will give us strength and wisdom to help those around us.  I'm not ashamed to say that right now, with seeing friends and family struggling so, I'm fighting hard to stay strong; no offense to them, but when there's so much hurting that's gone on around me for months and months, and it's been so hard not to allow it all to drag me down. But I have already told myself I'm staying strong.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: