Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rushing The Season?

With everything else going on, Saturday is just about the only time that I can run errands. So after we had breakfast this morning, Mom and I headed out to take care of bidness. I had a mental list of the places we needed to go and things we needed to buy. Never mind that two of the places that we needed to go weren't open, but I digress. The first stop on our list was the Wal-Mart in the 'hood. The parking lot wasn't too jam packed yet, and we were able to get a fairly close parking spot. We headed in, and imagine my surprise that the first thing we heard when we set foot in the store was Kenny G.'s version of "Silver Bells" playing throughout the store. At first I thought it was just a very bad fluke; then the next song was Johnny Mathis singing "Winter Wonderland", and things just spiraled from there. Yes, it was only the day after Halloween and they had started playing Christmas songs in the stores.

At first, I thought I was just imagining things, but then when Johnny Mathis came on the speaker, Mom looked at me with a major "WTF?" look on her face, and then I knew I was in deed not imagining it. It was only the day after Halloween and we were already deep in the throes of Christmas music. At least they could have postponed Christmas music for a week and played patriotic music today, in hopes of stimulating people to do their patriotic duty on Tuesday and vote, but no - we go straight into Kenny G. tooting out Christmas music on his horn.

3 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

My plate reads ORBISON
I have the only Indiana plate
we know there's one in CA, NC, PA, GA, don't know if there's anymore here in the states.

Toots said...

I know what you mean. At Kroger yesterday they were putting out the Christmas garb as fast as they possibly could. They hadn't started the carols, however!!!

Aunt Barb said...

this was for the previous blog....LOL