Thursday, November 13, 2008

Show 'Em How It's Done, Shania

As a kid and up until my early adulthood, I would not miss any music awards show - especially the many country music awards. I'd watch them all, and the next morning I could rattle off who won what, what the performers sang, and who wore what. Lately, I could not care less about the awards shows, mainly the country music awards. Reason being, there's nothing really country about country music these days. I couldn't stomach much of last night's CMA awards, but from what I've seen, heard and read, George Strait was just about the only true country artist on the show last night. But I digress.

My beloved Shania Twain made a rare "comeback" appearance on last night's CMA Awards to present the award for Entertainer Of The Year. This was the first time she'd been in the public eye in a few years. She won the prestigious Entertainer Of The Year award in 1999, and last appeared at the CMA awards in 2004. Her presence marked the singer’s first public appearance since announcing her separation from husband Robert “Mutt” Lange in May. I have to say that her divorce sure doesn't seem to have bothered her one bit. She looked better last night then I think she's ever looked. I loved the blonde highlights, and her dress was absolutely stunning.

As I looked at the pictures and videos online tonight from last night's awards show, the only thing I can say is that Shania showed all of those little blonde cookie cutter singers how it's done. And she's over twice their, age, too. She's 43 years old, and put those twenty year old girls to shame. You keep it up, Shania; show those young girls how it's really done. TWIT thinks that you will always be the hottest woman in country music.

No comments: