Friday, November 21, 2008

Flashback Friday


This week's Flashback Friday idea was given to me by my good friend, co-worker and faithful reader and muller spotter JMc. He was looking at a website about the 70's and sent me this picture of none other than the group the Bay City Rollers. He went on to tell me how they were his wife's favorite boy band back in the day. He said that as a young teenager, she went to one of their concerts held during the Kentucky State Fair. Before the concert, she had won a goldfish (yes, an actual live goldfish) out on the midway and took the fish with her to the concert. Unfortunately, the fish died during the concert, apparently as a result of shook to death during the concert as a result of the vibrations from the loudness of the music, the screaming of all of the teenage girls, and the jumping around his wife did during the concert.
I never was a big Bay City Rollers fan; I was into Andy Gibb. But they did have one song I thought was awesome, and one that I found and put on my iPod - "I Only Want To Be With You." And who could forget the ever popular "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night."

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm with you, Puddin. I liked Andy Gibb about that time. I wonder who came up with those outfits? They did have their fifteen minutes though!