Saturday, November 29, 2008

Light Gray Saturday

If yesterday was Black Friday, based on the [lack of] crowds I just saw at the 'hood Walmart, today has to be Light Gray Saturday. This was the first time I'd ventured out of the house since I came home from work Wednesday, and if I hadn't needed a few health-related items I would have kept my fanny on the couch. But I bundled up and headed to Walmart, and believe me when I tell you the total time of the round-trip was 15 minutes. There was noone in the store, and for the first time that I've ever seen, all of the shopping lanes were open and there were no more than two people in each line waiting to be checked out.

I expected it to be a madhouse, but was very pleasantly surprised. I grabbed my few items and checked out and was back home before I even had time to complain about the crowds or traffic. On the way back home I kept wishing that I had felt better and had more money so I could have stayed longer and done some shopping today. But then again, there's Cyber Monday.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

They must have all been at the Walmart in my town, LOL!