Saturday, November 15, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

I know it's been a while since I've given a Biggest Loser update; that's because I've been waiting for this opportunity to come along. I'm ecstatic to report that as of this week, I've reached a milestone in my personal Biggest Loser journey: this week, I've lost over 50 pounds since I started this journey back in February -- 51.6 pounds to be exact. And I'm not stopping now.

It's not been easy getting rid of fifty pounds - for a month and a half I stalled and see-sawed for weeks; gaining a pound one week, and losing a pound the next. But I kept on and persevered and Wednesday morning when I stepped on the official Biggest Loser scales at work, I got a bit weepy when I quickly did the math and realized that I had reached my first goal of fifty pounds.

When I first started this journey back in February, I never considered it "diet"; to me, it is a change in lifestyle - a change that I hope will continue with me throughout the rest of my life. I don't really miss the fast food, junk food, and going out to eat at restaurants - things that I enjoyed. Instead, now I enjoy the feelings of joy and accomplishment I have when I put on clothes that I used to wear and have to take them off and find something smaller to wear. Believe me - as much as I would love to sit down and eat two or three Little Debbie Christmas Tree cakes, there's nothing that can compare with going to the store and buying t-shirts in smaller sizes - nothing like it in the world.

When people comment about me losing fifty pounds, the first thing they usually say is "Do you feel better?" At first, I had to think about it before I answered. My answer is "Yes, but more mentally than physically." Sure I have more energy, and have said before that I never thought in a million years that I would be riding my bike for ten miles every day of the week. But to me, that's really beside the point; the point is that I set a goal for myself, and with determination, discipline, and encouragement from the 'Rents, Diva Stacy and others, I reached it.

2 comments:

Toots said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Puddin. I followed your blog on AOL and was hoping that you would move it over to Blogger. Keep up the good work, and thanks for blogging.