Sunday, December 2, 2007

Link Of The Week

It's still hard to believe Christmas is just a little over three weeks away.  That means only three weeks left do my shopping.  To do shopping, you need money.  Thank goodness I joined our credit union's Christmas Club.  Sure it's old school, but it's one way to make myself put back money for Christmas.  My Grandma saved in the Christmas Club up until she went to the nursing home.  It's not that overspend -- I just am not a big saver.  I don't have an actual written budget that I go by; I simply know how much my paycheck will be and I know how much my monthly bills will be, and I try to save some of the leftovers for car repairs, concert tickets, etc.  So in a way, I guess I do budget after all. 

I found a site this week that I am using and I think it will help me to be a better saver.  It's called Budget Edge.  It's easy to use - simply enter the information, like your take-home pay and your monthly bills, and Budget Edge will calculate and will let you know when you will run out of money.  You can enter savings info, and can go back in whenver you need to to make adjustments for sudden expenses or if you win money over at the boat and want to deposit it to your checking account instead of pissing it away.  Just visit http://www.budgetedge.com and sign up and you'll be on your way to a financially happier new year.

No comments: