Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Is A Time For Miracles

We've all read and heard stories of how Christmas is a time for miracles.  The legend has it that at midnight Christmas Eve, animals are given the gift of speech.  I've never been outside in the backyard at midnight Christmas Eve in years past to listen if the donkeys talked, so I can't testify to that one, but a few Christmas TV shows and movies said the miracle happened.  Today, on Christmas day, we could sure use a Christmas miracle here at The Compound; we've lost the Ginsu scissors and can't find them anywhere.

They were last seen and used last night at about 8:30, when Dad used them to open the indestructable plastic packaging on his new Norelco electric razor, and they haven't been seen since.  I rolled up my sleeves and put on latex gloves this morning and went through two bags of garbage piece by piece in case the Ginsu scissors were thrown away accidentally.  But they were nowhere to be found among the coffee grounds, orange rinds and table scraps.  We've search on and under the couch and recliners to no avail, and have looked in every drawer and cabinet in the house.  I even looked in bathrooms, and still no Ginsu scissors.  It's just the afternoon and Christmas Day isn't over yet, so maybe there's still time for a Christmas miracle and we'll find the missing Ginsu scissors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, had to giggle because I'm still missing my very expensive pair of "cutco" scissors.  They've been MIA since 2001.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is thank goodness Mom's good Fiskars weren't missing, or else I would have had to leave the house to escape her wrath.  

Anonymous said...

Oh the wrath of losing a parent's favorite device.  During the late 70s I borrowed my mother's old worn Woolworth's brand rat-tail comb and could not find it amid her plaintive cries.  Only the cherished rat-tail comb could properly tease naturally curly thick hair.  Fortunately, days later I retrieved it from the vinyl seating of my racing Ford Granada.  Never mind the shortage of gasoline and union strikes back then, the world was saved when she clutched the rat-tail comb gingerly placed in her fingers.