Wednesday, July 4, 2007

File Under: WTF?

I spent over an hour at our local Wal-Mart this morning.  If you're shopping, that might not seem like an unusual amount of time; but if you're doing nothing but standing in line, then it's a hell of a long time.  I spent 30 minutes waiting in line at the customer service counter to get a refund on an item I returned, and then spent over 30 minutes waiting in line to buy a case of bottled water that was on sale. 

There was only one young woman working at the customer service counter, so it was taking forever to get waited on, but I was determined to get my $12.88 refund so I toughed it out.  I got my money, and as I was putting it in my purse before doing my shopping, my attention turned to the girl that had been behind me in line.  Keep in mind she had waited for a half an hour, too.  The girl didn't have anything to return - she had stood in line all this time just to tell the clerk that they were 2 days behind on their Harry Potter movie countdown.  There was a display board with calendar pages that were to be torn off every day, counting down the days till a new Harry Potter movie or book was to be released.   Yes, that's all the kid wanted - just to tell someone they needed to be up-to-date on their countdown calendar. She spent over a half an hour standing in line just to tell the clerk to tear off 2 pages of the calendar.  I give up.  I just give up. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She must have a bit toooo much time on her hands, lol.  I think I would of just let that one go and got the heck out of dodge.