Friday, September 30, 2016

Flashback Friday

I've been on vacation since last Friday, and today is the last official vacation day.  Yes, I know I have the weekend, but that doesn't count.  But I digress.  It's my last official day of vacation, and I have to be honest and say I'm ready to get back to my daily routine.  Note that I didn't say "normal" routine; we all know that "normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.  

Back in the day when I was younger, I would dread the last day of my vacation. Now that I'm in my 50's, I like my daily routine.  I know what time to get up; I know what time meetings are; I know what time lunch and supper are going to be, etc.  You get the picture.  

It seems like I've been on vacation for a month instead of a week and a day.  That's because we crammed a ton of fun in those days off.  But it's time for me and The 'Rents to get back to our regularly scheduled daily activities.

 

No comments: