Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snowmageddon 2015

Editor's Note:  I meant to post this yesterday morning but Snowmageddon had me all rattled and I forgot.  
 
As I said yesterday morning, the snow continued most of the day.  By the time it ended at about suppertime, we had officially 7.5 inches here at The Compound.  Parts of the county got up to 12 inches.  It sure seemed a lot deeper than 7.5 inches to me, but then again, I'm short.  

On the heels of Snowmageddon is a double-barrel blast of sub-zero temps.  Yes, sub-zero. Wednesday night and Thursday night they are calling for wind-chill temp to be -30 to -40.  No, that wasn't a typo.  Wind chill temps of 30 to 40 below zero.  We'll be praying that the old pipes (and everything else, for that matter) doesn't freeze up.  

For the first time that I can remember, we've opted to not kill ourselves by shoveling or using the snow blower to clear the driveway.  In these cold temperatures, even using the snow blower would be like work.  I was going to pay one of the guys at work to come out and clear it off, but the 'Rents said for me to save my money.  The back porch ramp is clear, and I've got a path stomped down from the house to the garage, and Dad risked frostbite and hypothermia this afternoon to put two poles on each side of the driveway entrance so I can see where to pull in and not go off in the ditch, so that's good enough for us.  

Even though the Governor has declared Kentucky a state of emergency, I will still be at Yum! Center tonight to see Fleetwood Mac.  I'll borrow Yukon Cornelius' dog sled if I have to.  

No comments: