Thursday, February 19, 2015

Another Snowmageddon Update

When I got up this morning, it was -9 here at The Compound.  Yep, 9 degrees below zero.  As I type this now, it is a balmy 7 degrees.  They are expecting actual air temps of -10 tonight, with wind chill temps -30.  There's not much I can say about that.  

As for the snow sitch, this morning before I left for work, I drove up and down our long driveway half a dozen times to pack more snow down and to get the end of the driveway a bit easier to pull out of.  This afternoon when I came home, I was able to make it into the driveway without having to use the 4WD. 

But we have more snow in the forecast.  Tomorrow night into Saturday, we are expecting another winter storm.  Right now, the weatherazzi isn't sure what will happen.  They think (key word) it wills start out as snow, turn to rain, and end as ice.  But this all depends on how much it warms up on Saturday.  As a precaution, I will make a grocery store run during lunch tomorrow.  I told one of our sweet little old ladies at church that I would get her groceries tomorrow for her, so I'll make sure that we have enough provisions as well.  We already have enough bread, milk, and beer.  We just need some more Dorito chips. 

As always, stay tuned.  

No comments: