Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Newspaper Wars

It's game on, homes.  Puddin is waging a war against our local rag [newspaper], the Curious Journal aka the Courier Journal.

About a year ago, the Courier raised their rates and said they would charge 25 cents extra a week for the weekly TV section.  I personally know 20 people who immediately stopped the delivery of the newspaper.  We're old school, and the Old Man likes to have a paper copy of the TV section, in addition to a copy of the cartoon section so he can work the daily crossword puzzle.  And let's not even begin to discuss the importance of him being able to read the daily obits.  So I kept on paying for the monthly subscription. But for the last couple of months, we've been having issues.  At least once a week the paper doesn't come until almost lunchtime. Personally, it doesn't bother me because I'm at work and wouldn't be reading it until I get home at night. But for the 'Rents, it's a big deal.  And beacause I continue to pay for newspaper delivery, it becomes a big deal for me to have my paper delivered in a timely manner.

Yesterday, the paper didn't come until lunchtime.  I called and emailed the Courier and complained.  And this morning what do I find? The Tuesday morning newspaper was in a puddle of rain water on my driveway, instead of being in the newspaper box that I pay for. Retaliation?  Ya think?

I'll give it another week and see how my service is.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: