Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cheaper Is Definitely Not Better

A few years ago, I bought an awesome set of earbuds from Yugster.com.  They were one of the best brands of earbuds - Visual Land.  The sound was so clear and the price was hard to beat.  I kept this set of earbuds at work and used them when I wanted to listen to music on my iPod or iPhone.  I would always put in only one earbud, so I could have the other ear free for phones or people. 

As I said, the Visual Land brand earbuds rocked.  They were dozens times better than the Apple earbuds they provide with their iPods, iPhones, and iPads.  A few months ago, the earbuds fell on the floor and I stepped on one of them, crushing it.  Not to worry - the remaining earbud worked just as good.  Until yesterday, when it fell on the floor and I stepped on it. 

I went to the dollar store during lunch yesterday and bought a $3 set of earbuds to use at work.  Well, I might as well have bought a metal funnel and some string to rig up.  Everything sounded like I was in a tunnel.  About 2 minutes after using the $3 earbuds, I got online and bought another set of the Visual Land earbuds.  I almost paid for second day shipping, but declined.

Let this be a lesson. Cheaper is not always better.

No comments: