Sunday, August 14, 2005

Link Of The Week

My Old Man loves to work the crossword puzzles in the daily newspaper.  He inherited that from his Mom and Dad (my Grandma and Grandpa). They would work diligently in the afternoons, thumbing through their dictionaries for help with words.  Grandpa's crossword puzzle dictionary is one item that I was sure to save in this weekend's Reclaiming Of The Basement.  But today, Dad doesn't have to solely rely on the dictionary for help with the puzzle.  He can fudge a little, and go directly to the site of the puzzle and find the answers to the puzzle. 

If you work the Sunday puzzle, or the week-day puzzle in your newspaper, chances are it's the same one printed in the Los Angeles Times.  Just go to http://www.latimes.com and sign up (it's free, and there's no obligation nor will you get a ton of spam) and you can get the daily crossword puzzle AND the answers.  If you're like me, I leave the print edition of the paper at home for Dad to read, and I go to the L.A. Times website and print out the daily crossword puzzle to work during my lunch break. You can get the answer to one word at a time if you get stumped. 

Some consider this cheating, but to us, it's cheating only if there's a competition.  If you're doing the puzzle by yourself, it's all fair game.  Good luck.  And go find me the answer to 42 down. 

 

No comments: