Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Fire Up The Wayback Machine

I heard a very interesting story today about a friend of a friend.  The story is so friggin' far fetched, that even if I regularly used names in TWIT, I would leave this guy anonymous to protect his identity just because the story is sheer lunacy.  Let's just refer to him as "This Guy."  On with the story.  This Guy says he's going to build a time machine.

I don't know if I can say anything about this.  The first thing that comes to mind is Mr. Peabody and Sherman and their Wayback Machine.  The Wayback Machine was a huge contraption with all sorts of dials and buttons.  In case you don't remember, the Wayback Machine was in Mr. Peabody's den.  I'm not sure where This Guy is going to put his time machine.  I don't even know where This Guy will find all of the components for the time machine.  As I said earlier, it's sheer lunacy.

This Guy that says he can build a time machine is the same Guy that held onto his dog's leash and let the dog pull him along while he was on rollerblades.  I swear in court.  I saw the videotape of this disaster.  Everything was fine for a minute then the guy just totally wiped out.  It's a wonder he wasn't killed. 

Faithful readers, this is so out-of-here that I honestly can't think of anything funny or sarcastic to say.  But This Guy is totally serious about building a time machine.  He's all into Nikola Tesla and quantum physics, and of course, the Conspiracy Theory.  "It's all about science," This Guy says.  I'm sorry.  That's just too far gone.  TWIT does not endorse any of the above mentioned theories. 

After talking to the friend who has a friend of This Guy, a bit of the fog has lifted.  It seems that This Guy likes to drink.  If you've had a 12-pack, maybe quantum physics and time travel makes sense to you. Because it makes no sense to me.

No comments: