Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Oh Give Me A Home Where The Buffalo Roam

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying exotic foods; at restaurants, I usually stick with "the usual", much to the dismay of my dining companions who rag on me for always getting the same old thing.  Two years ago, I stepped out of my comfort zone and actually tried a new meat: buffalo.  I love it.  It's way leaner than beef, and has almost no cholesterol and no fat.  I tried the buffalo at a very cool place just 25 miles northeast of Louisville called [appropriately] Buffalo Crossing.  Buffalo Crossing is a 1000 acre working buffalo ranch with over 500 head of buffalo.  They have a restaurant that sells (yes, you guessed it) buffalo.  I was adventurous that day and got the buffalo burger and it almost melted in my mouth.  I was hooked. They also have buffalo burritos, meatloaf, roast, and steaks. 

A friend went there this weekend with her family, and they took some awesome pictures that they would like to share with you, my faithful readers.  My friend's daughter said that the buffalo chili cheese dip was awesome, by the way.  So without further ado, here's pictures of the buffalo farm and the petting zoo at Buffalo Crossing.

No comments: