Sunday, June 26, 2005

Link Of The Week

Today's Link Of The Week is brought to you courtesy of my dear friend BLGMama.  She asked if I would post this in TWIT, and how can I refuse any requests by my faithful readers?

BLGMama is probably the world's greats Roy Orbison fan.  She knows as much about Roy Orbison as the Divas do about Tammy Wynette.  She also collects Roy Orbison memorabelia.  I promised her that the Divas would bring her back any Orbison merchandise we find on our trip to Graceland and Sun Records this fall.  BLGMama would like fo you, my faithful readers, to sign a petition being sent to the U.S. Postal Service to have a stamp made with Roy Orbison's picture on it.  I remember how cool it was back in the 80's when the USPS released a stamp with Patsy Cline's picture on it, and then a few years later, with Elvis.  It made it a tiny bit easier to send off a bill when you could put a stamp of the King on an envelope.  Please go to http://www.petitiononline.com/royvote/petition.html and sign the petition.  BLGMama thanks you, and I thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say but thank you pudding for this post and thank you for any one that goes and votes.
THE BIGGEST ROY ORBISON FAN

Anonymous said...

Roy Orbison had so many classics that have been incorporated into everything from movies to television commercials.  My most favorite song was the haunting version of "Crying" when he dualed with kd lang.

Anonymous said...

Roy and k.d.'s version of "Crying" is the first song I listened to that actually made me weepy.  Their version gives me goose bumps.  Actually, that is only one of two other songs that has given me chills and made me weepy - Aaron Neville and Trisha Yearwood's version of "I Fall To Pieces."  When those four awesome singers put their hearts and souls into the songs, you could actually feel their pain.

Anonymous said...

We're at 452.............but we will take more, thanks for voting.............and thanks for listening to ROY
Barb aka BLGMama

Anonymous said...

I was signer 365.  Although not a big fan of Orbison, I do enjoy his music the more I get older.  His songs certainly have more meaning than the raucous and offensive music I hear in pulsating cars passing by that play that rap crap.

Anonymous said...

MP, you know I love you dearly, but I have to differ with you.  How can you refer to that #$@*& as "music"?  LOL  

Anonymous said...

the site is down, I hope only temp.........please check back and vote thanks.
Barb

Anonymous said...

Just so you know why the site is down............Pope John Paul II had posted and Bono of U2 had posted and I guess a few others and they probably decided they needed to take care of a problem...........why a few jerks ruin things for others.........it burns my buns........(&*(*%#@^$*( or something like that.

Blgmama