Thursday, June 24, 2021

Throwback Thirsty Thursday

 For the past few months, I've been making old school iced tea - heating up water on the stove and then dropping in the tea bags.  Before then, we took the easy route and mixed up pitchers of the instant tea, already sweetened and with lemon.  You just cannot compare brewed tea to instant. 

Last night at supper, the Old Man and I were reminiscing about how Gram made the best sweet tea ever.  She hated tea and never drank it, but I am here to tell you her sweet tea was always perfect.  And in the spring and summer, she would make the infamous sun tea.  She had a huge glass jar, and she'd fill it with water and the tea bags and would sit it out on the driveway by the garage.  We now use that big glass jar for our opened bags of pinto and navy beans, but today, I cleaned out the jar, filled it with water and tea bags and sat it out in the same spot that Gram used.  Yep, I'm going old school.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: