Sunday, June 6, 2021

I'm Learning

 The Old Man requested me to make a pot of his infamous Bud's Three Bean Soup aka Paula Deen's Taco Soup.  I was only happy to oblige. I made sure I had everything the recipe called for but I was short one can of diced tomatoes.  So I thought "what the hell" and used a can of stewed tomatoes.  Look and taste wise, there was no difference other than the stewed tomatoes were bigger chunks.  After doing a quick chop on them, you couldn't tell them from the diced tomatoes.  And the best part of all, both cans of tomatoes were low sodium, as was the chicken broth and corn. 

It's been a year and a half since I assumed the roll of cook at The Compound, and I've been told by the Old Man and by coworkers who get some leftovers that I'm doing pretty good. 

No comments: