Friday, November 17, 2017

Thank You, Gods Of Insurance

I would like to thank the Gods of Insurance for smiling down on us today.  

Two weeks ago, the 'Rents changed their supplemental health insurance to a company that would not charge them a monthly premium.  But the only drawback was that the Old Man's cardiologist wasn't one of their providers, so he would have to pay for any visits.  

Yesterday when I came home from work and sat down to supper, he said that he thought about it and had decided he wanted to cancel their new insurance company and keep their Anthem insurance.  Easier said than done. 

I called the toll-free number, only to get voicemail.  I left a message asking them to call back.  Well they never did.  So this morning during my lunch break, I called home, and then did a conference call with the insurance company, and in less than five minutes, their new policy was cancelled and all was well in the world. Believe me when I tell you, something like this doesn't happen to us very often. 

No comments: