Friday, November 24, 2017

Post-Thanksgiving

I apologize for not posting yesterday on Thanksgiving Day.  It was a great, drama-free day at The Compound.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving Day.  

The 'Rents and I decided a few weeks ago that it was senseless for us to fix a big dinner for the three of us, and put leftovers in the fridge that we would forget about, so I did some Googling and we decided to have Cracker Barrel fix our dinner for us.  I set the pick up time for 2:00.  An hour before I left to pick it up, I made the obligatory green bean casserole and put it in the oven to bake while I went to pick up our dinner.  And lo and behold, it was ready on time.  

We enjoyed turkey, ham, dressing, dumplins, sweet potato casserole and biscuits and corn muffins from Cracker Barrel, along with some of their great gravy and cranberry sauce.  And Patti LaBelle fixed our sweet potato pie.  We were just thankful that other people cooked our dinner for us.

No comments: