Monday, November 6, 2017

I Am At A Loss

Yesterday when I heard the horrific news about the massacre at the Baptist church in Texas, I didn't know what to say.  And honestly, I still don't.  It is the worst shooting in a church in history.   And yet, churches out there still don't think they need to plan and be prepared.

As a certified church security consultant, I have taken countless classes and have trained hours and hours to prepare security and safety plans and procedures for churches to help keep their congregation and property safe.  Yet churches don't think they need my help.  I've had pastors and chairmen of the deacons tell me "The Lord will protect us."  Well, yes, He will, but then again, the Lord gives us wisdom, and He has told us repeated in the Bible to plan and be prepared. 

When I started my church security consulting business years ago, I honestly started it not with the intent of making big bucks.  I have a good day job that pays the bills; this was something that I truly felt led by the Lord to do -- to help keep His churches safe.  And I still feel this way.   I haven't had a church hire me in three years, but yet I still send out letters every week to churches.  Why?  Because I still feel that the Lord is leading me to do this.  If my plans and procedures can help just one church be more safe, then I will be thrilled.  Until then, I am going to continue to mail out letters, make calls and visits to churches in the area, and pray that the Lord will lead me to the church that needs my help. 

If you'd like to know more about what I do, visit my website at http://www.goodshepherdsecurityconsulting.com.